We’ve already looked at mountain bike t shirts, now it’s time for jerseys. Your mountain bike jersey is an integral part of your MTB clothing, especially if you’re going into a rougher terrain than your average nature path.
Mountain bike jerseys are similar in design to some other bike jerseys, but there are different components that make them stand out as a category. That’s why it’s important to know what you’re looking for when you start searching for the perfect mountain biker jersey.
What’s the difference between mountain bike t-shirts and jerseys?
Mountain bike jerseys are generally made for riding, where as your general MTB tee is multi functional. Mountain bike jersey are generally made of polyester to allow stretchy movement.
ARSUXEO Men’s Moubntain Bike Jersey (Short Sleeves)
- Shirt Made of 100% polyester,High quality Moisture Wicking Fabric with good function for keeping drying and cooling,allowing for a comfortable ride
- Three pockets and one more zipper pocket for big and safe storage when cycling.
- Elastic hem with gel gripper,make sure the jerseys tight and never move when cycling,Reflective logo on back,keep you safe in darkenss.
- Longer back hem with for extra coverage ,Very light & thin to reduce weight-bearing,drying fast,Ultra-soft and UV protection
- Italy originated ink & sublimation printing technology used, bright color and never fad.
This mountain bike jersey is designed to absorb sweat quickly and keep you dry while cycling. With its comfortable and top quality fabric, you will not only have the most comfortable fit but also excellent air breathability.
The jersey is made of 100% polyester and has high-quality fabric. It is fully functional in keeping you dry and cool. It is also equipped with three pockets and one more pocket with a zipper for safe keeping while you are cycling.
It has a longer hem for more coverage while you are riding, and is very thin and light to reduce weight-bearing and is ultra-soft with UV protection. The jersey has an elastic hem with a gel gripper to keep it in place and does not move while cycling.
It has a reflective logo on the back to keep you safe and visible in the dark. The ink is originally from Italy and sublimation printing technology was used which ensures the bright colors will not fade.
- True to size
- Many great color options
- Great Value
- The quality is not good
Troy Lee Designs Sprint Jersey
- Material: 100% polyester, Bluesign Approved
- Fit: regular
- Recommended Use: enduro
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
This is a known go-to choice for you if you intend to ride in extremely hot conditions, such as desert climates, summer seasons, and tropical climates. It was recently revised to feature a tighter mesh constructed fabric that cannot easily be seen through.
However, it remains cool and dries quickly. It was restructured to be more flexible in construction to allow a more ventilated feeling but does not cause a sloppy fit.
The material is 92% polyester and 8% spandex and is accompanied with one rear pocket. The jersey includes one reflective logo so you will be able to be easily spotted during night hours. It’s recommended use is for trail and enduro biking
- Includes many sizing options
- Has 19 different colors to choose from
- Has a relaxed fit
- This product contains known to the state of California to potentially cause birth defects and cancer
Sponeed Men’s Cycling Jerseys Tops Biking Shirts
- EASY MAINTENANCE &SIZE SUGGESTION - Package includes cycling tops t-shirts full-length zipper for ventilation. Wash under 100 degrees F, Hand washing or machine (Put in wash pocket when washing in a machine).Do not brush or bleach for it can affect the quality of your Jersey. Tag is Asian size that runs smaller than US standard, please check the size chart in Product Description, We recommend one size larger to buy,that means if you wear US L please choose Asian XL
- PREMIUM & COMFORTABLE - This cyclist's jersey is suitable for all levels cyclists, which includes road biking or mountain biker. Whenever you're sweaty the Jersey never adhere to your skin, It has a quick-dry feature which makes you feel more comfortable
- QUALITY CYCLING JERSEY - This Biking jersey shirt has a great moisture feature and a four-way performance stretch. It is made of high-quality polyester with sublimation print that never fades out and it's harmless to the skin
- SERVES AS BEST GIFT - This sports sleeve jersey is highly durable. Unlike others this jerseys does not irritate the skin, it is designed with skin-friendly materials. This is the best gift to give to those cyclist freak and they will Very much value it
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - As a brand, we believe in quality our jerseys are definitely worth the cost compare to those top brand cycling clothing, We are cycling supplies manufacturer, we can guarantee top-level quality and good design. If the size unsuitable issue or zipper, Please contact us freely we will provide new one very convenience
This cycling jersey is made to be both breathable and comfortable. The material is designed to be light and soft that includes moisture wicking. The bottom includes an elastic band and rubber coating in order to keep the jersey in place.
The jersey has 100% polyester material and is suitable for cyclists with all levels of cycling skill. It also includes a quick-drying feature to prevent you from being soaked
- Great quality
- Excellent customer service
- You need to order a size up because it tends to run small
Weimostar Men’s Mountain Bike Jersey
This cycling jersey was designed for more professional cyclers. It has short sleeves and has a small pocket on the back in order to store small supplies and accessories. Though it’s got the road bike style zip front, it’s perfect for mountain bike riders with its awesome design.
Both sides of the jersey include breathable mesh fabric. The material is polyester and is made to keep you dry and cool while cycling.
Weismostar have 31 different designs of this top, some incorporating mountain bikes into the front and back designs.
This jersey has good quality fabric that washes easily as well as sleeves that are 2 centimeters longer than many other cycling jerseys. The main design features a skull flower pattern with different colors which is unique.
- Well-made and quick drying
- Made to look more professional
- Unique patterns
- Maybe more difficult for American buyers because the sizing is not standard American
XGC Men’s Long Sleeve Mountain Bike Jersey
- Always keep dry and fresh：Made of 100% high quality polyester, this Bicycle jersey is super soft, skin-friendly, lightweight and durable. Quick Dry, meaning you do not have to worry about sweat accumulating under the shirt making itchy and sticky.The breathable, wicking and antibacterial mesh fabric draws sweat away from body quickly, and great ventilation keeps you cool.
- Three big pockets：3 rear pockets can stash pump, repair tool kits, phone,tires,food or clothing for change, don't worry about hunger or flat tire on the road.
- High quality zipper：High quality front 12'' zipper slides easily making the shirt easy to put on and off. The zip has passed stringent testing needed to prevent it from riot cracking or getting stuck.The soft cover at zipper tip to prevent the scratching of the neck and chin,Elastic hem keeps rear in place to better fit.
- Professional fitting and high visibility design:：Featuring a professional Cut and Design, this Bike Shirt is designed to be for all cyclists. The Moisture-wicking ribbon at rear position of collar prevent chafe during the strenuous exercise. The back hem is longer for extra coverage.For your safety,Keep your safety in mind, we put reflective print logo on the front and back, makes you highly visible at night and in low light environment.
- Lightweight but durable:：Lightweight material with good workmanship and stitching, guarantee the daily use. Suitable for kinds of outdoor sports. this Short Sleeve Jersey is guaranteed to last long. It has an excellent tear quality and adopts COATS elastic thread as well as a flat for enhanced longevity. We're very confident of the quality of this shirt.
The XGC strives to uphold the reputation of a reputable brand that specializes in extremely high-quality apparel for cycling. The jersey includes wicking fabric and is quick drying. It is designed to be used by cyclists of every kind.
The moisture-wicking fabric that has been placed on the back of the jersey is made to prevent chafing from happening. The back hem is also created to be longer in order to provide extra coverage.
Lastly, there is a reflective logo on both on the front and the back in order to keep cyclists visible during night hours.
This jersey has a high quality 12-inch front zipper and three large rear pockets that have room to store plenty of supplies. Not only is it lightweight while remaining durable, but it also is long-lasting with excellent quality.
- Very comfortable and great for layering in cold weather
- Does not show sweat through the material
- Very soft and feels nice to put on
- Might need to size up
The Foxhead Men’s Ranger SS MTB Jersey
- Material: 100% polyester
- Fit: relaxed
- Recommended Use: enduro, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
We love all Fox Racing gear from helmets to MTB gloves. This jersey is perfect for those who rely heavily on their jersey to perform at the same level as they do. Designed with 100% polyester, this jersey can keep you dry and regulate your temperature no matter the conditions.
It is equipped with extra ventilation and flatlock seams that are made to reduce discomfort. It’s also designed to give you a full range of movement.
The jersey has a TruDri fabric that is designed to keep sweat away from the body, which keeps you dry. The seamlessly placed ventilation construction adds breathability while riding.
The bold color options add style in addition to making it perfect for mountain biking use, downhill biking use, and endura riding use.
- Light and comfortable
- Delivered quickly and on time
- Nice quality
- Runs Large
Things to Consider When Looking for a Mountain Bike Jersey
Think About Your Riding Climate
Many times an otherwise perfect mountain bike jersey gets tossed to the side when it can’t deliver the temperature regulation you need.
Some of these jerseys come advertised as ‘all weather’ type styles, but many have suggested temperatures and applications.
For instance, the jersey you wear for a chilly winter ride isn’t going to work for your summer rides without overheating you.
Make sure your jersey is appropriate for where and when you’re riding.
The material of your biking jersey is going to make a big difference in how comfortable you feel overall. Fabrics like cotton tend to soak up the inevitable sweat and moisture from your ride, and that can make for a very uncomfortable ride back.
Blended fabrics like spandex and polyester can be made to wick away sweat, while still giving you a light jersey with plenty of stretch room.
Some jerseys also come with antimicrobial fabric, so if you find a jersey that includes the extra protection, you won’t have to worry about those odor-causing microbes putting a damper on your finish.
Fit and Style
There are a ton of different styles of mountain biking jerseys that really cater to whatever kind of riding you’ll be doing the most.
For example, a mountain biking jersey for trail riding won’t be tight like an XC jersey, but it’ll include some more breathing room to keep you cool and comfortable.
If you’re looking at a lot of downhill riding, the mountain bike jersey you want will be baggier than the other types, allowing for plenty of movement and enough room to comfortably fit another snug layer of body armor beneath.
Another thing to note is how the jersey fits on you. If possible, it’s a good idea to try the jerseys on in person to be sure you have a good fit.
Make sure the arms allow you to move without feeling too constricted, but that they aren’t loose enough to cause problems when you ride. Also check the length in the back of your jersey, especially while you’re leaning over. This will ensure that your back stays covered, even when you’re on a difficult ride.
Will it Chafe After Extended Wear?
Whether you notice it during your ride or not, there are some small details in your jersey that can make a big difference in how you feel afterward. The two main causes of chafing and discomfort?
Tags and stitches
Sometimes you can cut off a tag and you’re good to go. Other times, it’s still scratching and bothering you.
If this sounds familiar, you should look for jerseys that don’t have tags stitched on, but rather have tags that are printed on.
Next, check out the jersey and see how the stitches are done. Some stitches ‘poke’ and rub over time since they protrude slightly toward your body. In everyday wear, that’s not usually an issue, but on a long ride, it can be a problem.
To avoid chafing from your stitches, make sure you opt for a jersey with flatlock seams that won’t rub you the wrong way.
Facing the Season and Its Temperature
If you want to get the best mountain bike jersey for your ride, it’s important to understand how different factors can impact how your jersey deals with the weather.
Anything from the materials, to the cut, to what other gear you wear can change how well your jersey works. So here’s what you need to know about facing the season:
Cold Weather Riding
If you’re doing some cold weather riding, make sure you get a thermal jersey. The extra insulation will help keep you warm, so expect a thicker material. Many times cold climate jerseys are meant to be worn with other outer gear, and a layer underneath the jersey.
Often when you’re riding in the cold you’ll also put on another layer on top of your jersey. Ideally, this will be a windproof and waterproof jacket, especially if the weather might get a little wet. Naturally, these cold weather jerseys are almost always full sleeve designs.
Hot Humid Summer
Hot, humid summer days are another thing to deal with, since you don’t want to get sunburned, but you don’t want to overheat either. Warm weather jerseys are made of much lighter fabrics, and depending on what kind of riding you’re doing, they may even include mesh sections for added comfort.
These jerseys can be either short or long sleeved, but make sure the jersey is well ventilated enough if it’s a long sleeved shirt. The jersey should allow enough air to flow through that you stay cool and comfortable.
When looking for a jersey, it’s important to identify your needs first in order to pick the jersey with the right fit. With these six options, you can look through each of their features and select the one you believe will suit your needs.