Mountain biking is never a quick, easy activity. Rather, it’s a day-long adventure. If you want to spend your time enjoying the ride, it is important to not only pack properly, but have the right backpack to carry your things.
Just like picking the best location and the best bike, the backpack you choose will also greatly impact the overall experience you have.
- Dimensions:15.8H x 9.4L x 5.9W inches/ 40 x 24 x 15 cm. Weight:12.3oz. Capacity: About 20-25L.
- It is a small backpack, suitable for those people who do not want a big size and just need to take necessity when doing outdoors sports.
- Material: Highly tear resistant Nylon, Water-resistant, Lightweight, Scratch-resistant, Durable & Comfortable. Provides you a long-term, secure daily using.
- Breathable mesh shoulder straps which helps relieve the stress of shoulder. Multiple compartments offering enough place to save your belongs more detailed classification and well. Bottle holder on the both sides. With high quality smooth zipper and durable whistle buckle.
- Perfect for activities like hiking, camping, climbing, traveling, cycling and other outdoors sports. Any problems please contact us in your free time, we will solve it within 24 hours.
Sunhiker’s daypack design doesn’t just work well for mountain biking. It’s great for a wide range of outdoor activities. This is because this backpack includes not only shoulder straps but chest and waist straps that are adjustable and breathable. It is even made with tear-resistant and waterproof materials.
There are a variety of different pockets, including a water bottle pouch and a small pocket for things like smartphones. So, your items are easy to access. Available in a wide range of colors, the reflective stripe and bold colors make you easy to spot. You can know for sure that you’ll stay safe.
- Tear and water resistant
- Breathable and adjustable straps for best fit and comfort
- Great for a wide variety of outdoor activities
- No water reservoir
- 1.PERFECT SET - Included 70-Ounce (2 Liter) BPA FREE FDA APPROVED food grade hydration bladder, test report will be sent to your e-mail
- 2.THERMAL INSULATION - With the insulated bladder compartment, your drink can be kept cool for up to 4 hours, that's cool!
- 3.GOOD VOLUME - Includes 3 storage compartments that will fit your clothes, keys, purses, phones etc. the front stretch mesh pockets allows you to pack even more on your hike
- 4.100% LEAKAGE PROOF DESIGN -The opening is large design, you will never be bothered to dry the bladder as the screw one, just bottom up, it will dry itself, with click in connection instead of traditional screw one, it will never get loose and causing leakage
- PERFECT OUTDOOR GEAR: Padded shoulder straps, breathable system and lightweight design are the perfect tool for outdoor sports, Mubasel Gear offer 60 days 100% Satisfaction Guarantee of the pack and free replacement of the bladder.
Mubasel’s backpack is, hands down, one of the best backpacks for those who want to keep their gear organized and easy to access. There are two large pouches to store your gear in, as well as a mesh pocket assistant in the back. It doesn’t stop there. This backpack also has a waist pocket, D- rings, and a paracord-laced back.
This backpack also features chest and waist straps in addition to the breathable mesh shoulder straps. They are all adjustable, so you’ll get to have the best fit for you.
Reflective strips are included for safety. Plus, a wide range of colors allows you to choose between a bold and highly visible bag, or a more muted and natural color.
- Insulated BPA free water reservoir
- Waist strap with pocket
- Plenty of spaces to organize and store your gear
- Not completely leak-proof bladder
- VERSATILE: This backpack is an ideal sport backpack for all kinds of outdoor activities such as cycling, jogging, climbing, hiking, traveling, etc. It can be used as a reliable and versatile companion for your short journeys or your sporting experience and daily use, and great gift for everyone.
- BREATHABLE & COMFORTABLE: Breathable back material is specially padded with mesh for maximum comfort and heat dissipation. Adjustable mesh shoulder straps with plentiful sponge padding help relieve the stress from your shoulder. The waist straps are designed to facilitate stress release and to ensure stability while cycling.
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: External storage system: 1 exterior pocket with high capacity for umbrella, cell phone, key and other necessities, 1 upper zipper pocket for lighter and other small things, 1 zip pocket for helmet hood, 2 mesh pockets on both sides to carry bottles; Internal storage system: 1 compartment with open pocket you can carry water bladder (NO WATER BLADDER INCLUDED), 1 main compartment.; On the shoulder strap, there is an access for drinking hose and headphones.
- SECURITY GUARANTEE: The front and shoulder straps have reflective strips to keep safe in the night. With a whistle on the chest strap, you can use it in events of emergency.
- DURABLE: Made from high quality tear resistant material, provides extra strength and long-lasting performance with the lightest weight possible. with long serving life. NOTE: Water bladder, rain cover, mobile phone, camera in the picture are not included.
While many backpacks that are used for mountain biking are designed to be used for a wide range of outdoor activities, this Locallion backpack is designed specifically for cyclists.
It has a place to carry your helmet, along with several other pockets. This all provides a straightforward, organized experience.
Airflow systems help keep you cool while pedaling. As for storage, you can choose to use a standard water bottle, water reservoir, or a combination of both with these designs. Perfect if you don’t have a mountain bike water bottle cage.
- Designed specifically for bikers
- Water bottle holder and water reservoir included
- Built-in air flow system
- Not as durable as other options
How to Choose a Backpack for Mountain Bike Riding
It is important to consider not only the backpack but what it is going to be used for when choosing your MTB backpack.
The fit of your backpack is a vital factor in deciding which MTB to go with. You don’t want to have a backpack that is too tight, because it won’t just be uncomfortable. It can impact circulation and movement on your arms and back.
But a backpack that is too loose can also be a problem. It can pull on your shoulders or slip off, causing you to become unbalanced and bounce. This causes the gear to hit your back and cause pain.
Look for adjustable straps and a cross-chest strap to make sure that the pack will fit snugly and comfortably. It must limit the amount of movement the backpack has, keeping it in place.
Hydration is key for everyone, but this is especially necessary for those who are exercising. Dehydration can cause many physical problems, making it impossible to pedal.
For mountain bikers, it is crucial that you not only have water to drink. You must be able to easily access it, in order to make sure you do not get dehydrated while on a mountain.
You can choose to either opt for water bottle holders on the outside of the backpack, or a water reservoir built into the backpack itself. Water reservoirs are accessed through a tube-like straw and can often store greater amounts of water than a standard bottle.
This method of hydration is gaining traction fast among mountain bikers because it allows you to easily access water without having to stop to take a drink. Plus, it prevents any chance of accidentally dropping and losing your water along the way.
Obviously, you need to have a backpack that will fit all of your gear, especially if you don’t use a saddle bag – but it is also important to consider how you organize the gear.
Consider how many pockets are available. It is useful to have are any built-in interior organization to make it easy and straightforward to find and access your gear.
There are many backpacks that have designated pockets for tools, navigation, phones, and more that allow you to quickly get out what you need, without hassle.
You don’t want to waste time searching that you could spend pedaling. It is important to look for backpacks that promote organized storage, rather than simply piling everything in.
Packing Guide and Tips
Whether you are a veteran mountain biker or just getting started, it is important that you pack appropriately for your trip. This not only includes packing the basics like water and food, but also including items that will keep you safe while on the mountain.
Things like first aid kits, warm clothing, waterproof jackets, and navigation technology like GPS systems, compasses, maps or smartphones are all needed for all day rides where anything can happen.
You also need to be prepared for things to go wrong with your bike. Pack things like repair kits, pumps, and spare tires so you don’t end up having to walk back down the mountain if something breaks.
Mountain bike backpacks – Conclusion
Your MTB backpack needs to be both functional and comfortable for long rides. Look for backpacks that provide you the ability to access your water and other necessary belongings without having to waste too much time.
Also, consider the shape and weight of the backpack when it will be filled with your gear to find the best one for your needs. It may seem like a lot but when you’re up in that mountain air without a care in the world, you’ll be thankful to have it.
Image sources: Amazon.com, Pixabay