Mountain Biking (MTB) gloves are staple MTB clothing, especially for the serious downhill lovers. MTB gloves provide protection for your hands, improve your cycling performance, and often provide many convenient features. Choosing the right gloves and taking care of them properly is extremely important for making sure your gloves are going to serve you in the best way possible.
FIRELION Mountain Bike Gloves
- ✔ MULTIFUNCTIONAL BREATHABLE GLOVES: Suitable for Road Cycling, Mountain Bike, BMX, Exercise,etc.The surface of cycling gloves are breathable, which can keep your hand comfortable even on hot day and fit snugly without being tight.
- ✔ TOUCH RECOGNITION:The cycling gloves can Touch Screen with Fingers for convenient use of mobile devices without moving gloves.
- ✔ DURABLE GEL PALM: The soft supple Gel palm with powerful Anti-Slip & shock absorption protection, reduce the affect of road vibration, relieve hand fatigue, and avoid stuffiness of palm even in vigorous exercise.
- ✔ ADJUSTABLE STRAPS & ABSORBENT MICROFIBER:According to your own demand to adjust the degree of tightness and stabilize and secure
- ✔ 30-DAY NO HASSLE RETURNS & 12 MONTHS REPLACEMENT WARRANTY:There is a full purchase price refund within 30 days of your purchase if you are not happy for any reason. After 30 days, there is a 1yr full replacement warranty on these gloves for any manufacturing defect.
The FIRELION MTB gloves are a great option for just about any style of cycling. They are equipped with adjustable straps, so you can change them to fit. This makes them a great option if you have trouble finding gloves that fit well.
The gloves are also breathable, so they can be worn on a hot day. They have a gel palm with Anti-Slip and shock absorption, so they help you avoid hand fatigue and stiffness. They can also be used with a cell phone, so you can snap photos during your ride without taking your gloves off.
- Adjustable straps
- Anti-Slip and shock absorption
- Touch recognition
Touch recognition doesn’t work as well as it could
Fox Racing Ranger Mountain Bike Gloves
If you have a Fox helmet or frame, you are going to want the matching gloves to keep on brand. The Fox Racing Ranger gloves are great if you’re looking for affordable, lightweight gloves. If you enjoy road or leisure cycling, these gloves are a great option because they don’t contain a ton of heavy padding.
This makes them very lightweight, breathable and flexible. The fingertips of the gloves also have a silicone grip to help you grasp the brake and handlebars.
- Various color options to choose from
- Quality issues
- Can’t be used on a touch screen
VAOO MTB Gloves
- New upgraded version on the market, premium quality full finger bike gloves, provide all protection for your hand, prefect choice for riding enthusiasts. We think so much for our customers for the user experience, so present a premium quality stylus to have our customers access to phone without taking off the gloves.
- Back of hand material: Air mesh fabrics, lightweight and provide maximum comfort and airflow, especially sweat absorb and out.
- Palm material: Padded single layer AX Suede, fits palm for exceptional durability and grip; relieve pain in the palm effectively from a long time riding.
- Neoprene knuckle for added flexibility and protection, silicone fingertip print for added grip.
- Adjustable velcro wrist tab closure, keeping the gloves in a comfortable secure place.
The VAOO Bicycling Gloves are another awesome adjustable glove option. The back of the glove is made of air mesh fabric to maximize airflow and reduce sweat, so they’re perfect for a summer cycling session.
They also have great grip thanks to their AX Suede palm. A neoprene knuckle on the back of the glove allows for hand flexibility so the gloves won’t be tight or restrict movement.
- Good grip
- Some issues with the velcro tearing off
Giro DND Mountain Bike Gloves
- Material: [palm] Clarino synthetic, [upper] 4-way stretch mesh
- Closure: pull-on
- Recommended Use: mountain biking
The Giro DND Mountain Bike Gloves come in many colors so you can pick out the perfect pair to match your style, Giro fans will love these. A distinguishing feature of these gloves is that they are slip on, so they don’t have frustrating velcro that can easily rip off or get stuck to clothing.
They are also ideal summer gloves, with moisture-wicking, four way stretch breathable mesh to keep your hands cool and a microfiber wiping surface to wipe sweat. These gloves also have a “flex zone” at the knuckles to improve hand flexibility and have silicone fingertips that work with a touch screen.
- Moisture-wicking, breathable mesh
- Wiping surface
- Touch screen capable
- No padding
Importance of Mountain Bike Gloves
Many people don’t realize the wear and tear that cycling and mountain biking can have on your hands. Hitting bumps and constant pressure can cause pain and blisters on a cyclists’ hands, so it’s important that hands are properly protected while riding. Mountain bike gloves have padding that acts as a shock absorber to protect your hands while biking.
No one likes the thought of falling on a bike, but it does happen. Along with protecting your hands while you’re riding, mountain bike gloves will protect them if you fall so you can avoid cuts and bruises. MTB gloves also provide grip so your hands won’t slip around while you’re riding, and this will help you avoid a fall in the first place.
For cyclists who enjoy riding in the winter, MTB gloves come in different levels of weather protection. For summer, there are plenty of choices for fingerless and lightweight gloves. For winter, you can choose a heavy glove or one that is designed to be worn in cold temperatures.
Tips When Choosing the Best Mountain Bike Gloves
Choose the Right Fit
Making sure your gloves fit well is extremely important. Gloves that don’t fit well will not function properly and can lead to discomfort. Gloves that are too big will cause your hands to slip around inside, and gloves that are too small will cause tightness and loss of circulation. You must make sure that your gloves are right for your hands and don’t bunch up or feel uncomfortable.
Find the Best Style For You
Another consideration is what style of gloves you need. This is very dependent on the environment you are riding in and the weather while you are riding. If you do a lot of biking in rough terrain through open brush or trees, a full-finger style glove is a right choice for you.
If you mostly bike on roads or open areas in the summer, a half-finger glove may be a good option. You also must consider the temperature you enjoy riding in. Full finger gloves should always be worn in cold, so if you do a lot of winter biking, full finger gloves are the way to go no matter the terrain.
Choose Important Features
Some features may be more important to you than others. If you sweat a lot while biking or easily get a runny nose, gloves with a wiping surface are a good option. If your hands sweat a lot, opt for a glove that has good ventilation. If you often experience numb hands, a glove with more padding would be better for you. There are so many things to consider when choosing the right glove, so try to think about your specific needs.
Taking Care of Your MTB Gloves
Keep Them Clean
Keeping your MTB gloves clean reduces smell and keeps them functioning properly. Breathable gloves will not work as well if they are clogged with mud and dirt, so it is important to clean them frequently to keep them at top performance. It’s important to check your gloves’ cleaning instructions before washing them because many gloves will shrink when put in a washing machine. For the most part, however, gloves can safely be put in the wash.
Treat Winter Proof Gloves
If you’re using gloves for winter weather, you may have to treat them with waterproofing spray to keep them working well. No one wants cold, wet hands while biking, so keeping your gloves at their top weatherproof ability is important for winter cyclers.
There are many factors to consider when picking out the right MTB gloves. With so many different gloves out there with so many different features and functions, searching for the right pair can seem overwhelming. But the best thing you can do to find the perfect MTB gloves to evaluate your own riding style and pick out the gloves that fit your preferences best.