This page will be continually updated with the latest statistics we find.
The infographic below shows industry data as collated in August, 2016.
- Total bicycle sales have grown from 15.3M in 1992 to 20.2M in 2015.
- Total value of the US market is over $6 Billion per year
- Mountain bikes make up 24% of the total sales.
- Mountain bike sales in the US were valued at $1,464,000,000
- Hybrid/Cross sales in the US were valued at $1,281,000,000
Top bicycle brands by sales
Google Search Trends
Google trends show that Trek is currently the most search bike brand.
You might also like our infographic about the history of mountain bikes