If you are a mountain bike junkie and doing hard rides, post ride nutrition supplements could be for you. We guide you through the best nutrition supplements for post ride recovery which will prevent muscle soreness and dehydration.
- GOLD STANDARD 100% WHEY BLEND - 24g blended protein consisting of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides to support lean muscle mass - they don't call it the GOLD STANDARD of quality for nothing
- OVER 5G OF BCAAS - help build lean and strong muscles with naturally occurring BCAAs
- 3-4G CARBS, 1-3G SUGAR, AND 1-1.5G FAT, GLUTEN FREE, No Sucralose in Double Rich Chocolate Flavor
- INSTANTIZED - improves mixability to prevent lumps and clumps
- BANNED SUBSTANCE TESTED - highest quality control measures so you feel comfortable and safe consuming the product
Whey protein is currently all the rage, especially for gym bunnies, but they are excellent for mountain bike riders too.
What is Whey protein?
Whey protein is a dairy based protein which has the essential amino acids for muscle building.
Benefits of whey protein for post MTB rides
When you do a heavy ride, your muscles break down essential proteins in your muscles and uses them for fuel. These proteins need to be replaced to help muscle recovery. You can get these from protein rich foods like steak and salmon, but Whey powders provide a quick and easy hit with out the cholesterol. Whey Protein will also help with post ride leg pains.
- 2.5G CREAPURE CREATINE MONOHYDRATE PER SERVING
- SUPPORTS MUSCLE SIZE, STRENGTH, AND POWER when combined with high-intensity activities*
- CONVENIENT CAPSULES - 2-cap serving size makes taking creatine quick and easy without the need to mix a powder into a liquid
- EASY TO SWALLOW CAPSULES
- AVAILABLE IN 100, 200, 300 CAPSULE BOTTLES
What is creatine?
Creatine is produced naturally by your body from protein rich foods like chicken and fish and stored in the form of creatine phosphate (CP). CP will increase energy levels for short bursts of exercise.
Why use creatine for post mountain bike rides?
Along with it’s energy producing effects, creatine is also proven to speed up muscle recovery after intense mountain bike rides.
Creatine can be purchased in powders, drinks but capsules are considered the best form.
- BCAAs - 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, valine
- RECOVERY - take your training efforts to the next level by supporting endurance and recovery*
- ACTIVE LIFESTYLE - help your active lifestyle by supplementing with ON BCAA capsules*
- EASY TO SWALLOW CAPSULES
- AVAILABLE IN 60ct, 200ct, 400ct BOTTLES
What is BCCA?
BCCA stands for ‘branded chain amino acids‘. They comprise of the main three amino acids in your body’s muscles. Loved by athletes for years, they have been pushed aside by popular whey proteins, but they are all the rage again.
What does BCCA do?
Along with aiding muscle growth, they also provide ‘muscle fuel’ to help with hard hill MTB climbs. They also decrease the amount of muscle soreness and aid muscle recovery.
Note: best to be taken prior to MTB rides to get the benefit during and after
- Nervous System Health and Healthy Visual Function
- Dairy Free, Egg Free, Kosher, Non-GMO, Nut Free, Soy Free, Vegan/Vegetarian
- SUGGESTED USAGE & STORAGE: Take 1 capsule 1 to 2 times daily with juice or water, preferably between meals. Store in a cool, dry place after opening
- CAUTION: For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication (including anti-hypertensive and diuretic medications), or have a medical condition (including hypotension). Keep out of reach of children. Do not eat freshness packet. Keep in bottle
- Dairy Free, Egg Free, Kosher, Made w/o Gluten, non-GMO, Nut Free, Soy Free, Vegan/Vegetarian
Taurine is actually an Amino acid essential to the muscles. Research has shown that taurine helps fighting delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) as it acts as an anti-inflammatory.
Now Taurine (1000mg) is Amazon’s best seller with lots of good reviews and positive stories.
- Variety 4-pack contains one tube of each flavor: Orange, Tri-Berry, Citrus Fruit, Lemon Lime
- Packed with an optimal blend of 4 key electrolytes to replenish those lost during activities (running, biking, swimming, skiing, etc.)
- Helps alleviate cramps and improve muscle function
- Low sugar, low calorie, less than one carb. The perfect sports drink!
- Refreshingly light flavor, no high-fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors or flavors
Drop one these in your MTB water bottle and you are good to go
What are electrolytes?
Electrolytes are naturally occurring compounds that are essential for our survival. They help regulate numerous functions in our body including muscle function, hydration and rebuilding of damaged tissues. Electrolytes include calcium and potassium.
Why are they good for mountain bikers (MTBR)?
If you are doing very active rides, you will lose a lot of water, via sweating, and essential electrolytes. These need to be replaced to aid health and recovery. Electrolyte drinks will also help hydration by helping you retain water (instead of pissing it out!).
- Includes 100 tablets of Centrum Adult daily multivitamin supplement for men and women
- Backed by over 35 years of nutritional science, Centrum is the most complete multivitamin, with Centrum's highest levels of Vitamin D3
- Age-adjusted for adults under age 50 with key nutrients to support energy, immunity and metabolism (2)*
- The #1 doctor and pharmacist recommended multivitamin brand (3)
- Verified non-GMO (1) and gluten-free multivitamin that's easy-to-swallow
We all know we need vitamins for good heath, but are you actually getting enough. If you live a hectic life and out on your MTB 24/7 it can be time consuming shopping and cooking healthy meals all the time. A decent multi vitamin pill will stop you getting run down, especially if you participate in riding during the cold and wet winter months.
Centrum are the leaders in vitamins and these chewable pills above are quick and easy to digest. They offer 100% RDA for 14 essential vitamins and have very good customer reviews.
Image sources: ambmag.com.au