You can use standard sneakers for mountain bike riding, but when you get serious you might want to invest in a pair of dedicated mountain bike (MTB) shoes.
Most people, however, tend to forget that a good pair of MTB shoes is an absolute must to enhance your trail riding experience as well as prevent possible injuries. In this article, we’ll be reviewing the Giro Rumble Vr MTB Shoes and find out if you should make them your MTB companion.
Let’s face it, people buy MTB shoes like this to ‘look the part’ and get one-up on their mates wearing normal sneakers. These will do the job nicely as they look awesome! They will also nicely match match your other gear if you are a Giro helmet lover.
- THE FOUNDATION OF A GREAT RIDE: An outdoors inspired off-road cycling shoe that’s comfortable and capably equipped for adventures on paths, roads or trails
- COMFORTABLE AND SUPPORTIVE FIT: Breathable synthetic suede and mesh upper for supple-yet-supportive fit and great breathability
- ULTIMATE FIT ADJUSTMENT: Laces offer unrivaled fit adjustment, hold a knot securely and are the lightest closure system available
- POWERFUL PEDALING: Injected nylon plate for efficient power transfer, with stainless steel hardware and a full-length molded Vibram Ecostep rubber high-traction lugged outsole for grip and stability when you need it
- COMFORTABLE SUPPORTAND 2-BOLT CLEAT COMPATIBLE: Includes die-cut EVA footbed with medium arch support. Works with all 2-bolt pedal/cleat systems including Shimano SPD, Time ATAC, Crank Brothers, etc
+ Material: Leather
+ Weight: 425g (Size 42)
+ Gender: Men’s
+ Footwear closure: Lace-up
+ Cleat design: 2-hole
+ SPD compatible: Yes
+ Midsole: EVA
+ Footbed: EVA
+ Upper: Synthetic/Mesh
+ Outsole: Rubber
+ Lining: Synthetic
Giro Rumble Vr Features
Here are some exciting features found in the Giro Rumble Vr:
1. Great versatile design
I’m sure you’ll be pleased to continue wearing the Giro Rumble Vr even after getting to the office thanks to its sleek, casual design. They look very cool, especially compared to the Giro Privateers or Tommaso Mongagna MTB shoes. Unlike most professional/performance-based cycling shoes, the Giro Rumble Vr doesn’t sacrifice its design or looks in favor of excellent performance. Apart from its gorgeous design, this shoe also comes in two distinct colors – dress blue/gum and black/glowing red. In short, you don’t have to limit the Giro Rumble Vr to MTB riding.
2. Nice, comfortable shoes
Your comfort on the bike doesn’t have to come from your bike only but your shoes as well. In this case, the breathable mesh uppers and the synthetic leather material will keep your feet fresh and comfortable since they won’t get sweaty as you enjoy the trails.
Also, these shoes are more walkable’ than most regular mountain bike shoes thanks to the durable Vibram rubber outsoles that offer enough traction for walking. In addition to that, the Molded EVA midsoles and footbeds provide exceptional cushioning and arch support. We, however, advise you to check with the Giro’s sizing chart before ordering your pair since this shoe is slightly small in size.
3. Long, chunky, non-slip laces
Although we would have preferred these clipless cycling shoes to come with at least one Velcro strap retention system, the colorful, non-slip laces will still keep your feet tightly secured inside the shoe. The only downside is that the loops are long and might interfere with your biking by catching on the cranks. The best thing to here do is to replace them with smaller and stealthier ones to keep things tidy.
4. Stiffer soles
When purchasing mountain bike shoes, it’s paramount that you buy a pair with more rigid soles than those found on regular shoes for maximum efficiency. Stiffer soles have minimal flex so they won’t bend around your pedals like normal shoes. Lucky enough for you, the Giro Rumble VR MTB Shoes comes with study Vibram ecostep rubber outsoles and EVA footbed, which are stiff enough to provide maximum stroke power. Therefore, expect to use less energy as well as travel much faster with this pair of shoes.
5. SPD Compatible
The Rumble Vr MTB shoe features a double-hole metal base plate which is stylishly recessed into the sole. This unique feature enables riders to get the much-needed flexibility when choosing whether to ride with SPD cleats on SPD pedals or minus cleats on flat pedals. But even if you attach SPD cleats on this shoe, you’ll still walk around comfortably without any cleat feeling on your step. However, you might feel more rigidity on the midsole due to the attached metal plate.
What we like
• Urban MTB shoe with a stylish leather outer
• Mesh upper adds breathability
• Compatible with both flat and SPD pedals
• Durable Vibram sole
• No more snags thanks to hidden lace pockets
What we don’t like
• Deep heel cups
• Best suited for road cycling
• Doesn’t come with SPD cleats
Giro Rumble Vr Shoe Final Verdict
It’s safe to conclude that the Giro Rumble Vr MTB shoe is a hybrid of both casual and MTB shoes. This is due to its sweet blend of casual aesthetics and MTB shoe features that enable it to deliver an outstanding performance both on the trail and off the trail. Apart from its unique traits, the Rumble Vr is also very affordable and come in different sizes and color. I’m pretty sure you won’t regret getting a pair of these MTB shoes.
Giro Rumble Vr Shoe Alternatives
The best alternative to the Giro Rumble Vr shoes are the the flat shoes made by Five Ten. Hands down, the coolest, most-loved MTB shoes in the industry. For more feminine color schemes, check out our guide to the best flat pedal MTB shoes for women.
- Ultimate Guide to Mountain Bike Dropper Posts 2021 - February 8, 2021
- MTB Rear Shocks to Save Your Backside: Ultimate Guide for 2021 - February 6, 2021
- Best 26″ Mountain Bike Forks for a Bike Update - February 1, 2021