This is the newest offering from GT and is bound to turn a good few heads. As the next in the GT Trail Line, the makes have aimed to create a versatile offering with full suspension at a price point that you would normally associate with a hardtail offering.The manufacturers have tweaked the Drivetrain system to allow you to get your hands on a bike that handles like a much more expensive model but that will not break the bank. You get access to top-rate technology at a fraction of the price overall.
The components used in this model are geared toward one main thing – outstanding performance. The bike’s drivetrain is a Shimano 1 X 11 SLX. The hydraulic brakes are also out of the Shimano stable. The cockpit was made by All Terra and designed to enhance both comfort and improved performance. The bike is finished off with a WTB Silverado Saddle.
All in all, this is a bike that is a lot of fun to get out and get dirty with. It handles very well and is very durable. The bike handles difficult, technical climbs well and allows you to coast down steep hills without the feeling that you are going to lose control at any second. For the price that you pay, this buck offers a lot of features that I would not have expected to find. For starters, the full suspension system is really usually reserved for much higher end models.
• Progressive geometry used throughout the frame.
• The frame is 27.5 inches and made of aluminum.
• The Drivetrain Suspension runs independently and helps you to control the bike more completely and ride with confidence.
• The Solo Air Fork by Rockshox Recon gives about 120mm when it comes to bump compliance – set the level of plushness that suits you best for the type of riding that you do. This is in conjunction with the steer tube that has been tapered and the lockout.
• The X-Fusion Air Shock is known for its ability to absorb shock and promote efficient pedaling.
• The stopping power of the Shimano Disc brakes is impressive and completely reliable.
What it Boils Down To
You are going to be getting a lot of bike for your buck here. The designers have focused on design changes that make a good deal of impact and that are really useful for you. This is not a bike that has all the bells and whistles. But then again, it does not need to be. If you are looking for something that is excellent quality, reliable and at a slightly more affordable price range when you are starting out, this is the correct bike for you to choose.
With a simple, sleek design and modifications that are so perfectly chosen, this bike is on the simpler side of things in comparison to its competitors. That said, simpler is not a bad thing here – here you have the main features that one could find with the more expensive bikes, without the extremely high price tag.