Do you stay properly hydrated while riding? Do you even have somewhere convenient to put your water bottle?
Without the right water bottle cage to hold your bottle, carrying that water becomes a schlep. That’s why we started researching the best cages to mount on a MTB. From that research, we have narrowed it down to my top three choices, so that you can easily find one that meets your needs as well.
Why Iberia’s Offerings Aren’t on Here
We liked the look of these – they are really stunning. However, they are also pretty expensive and, so they didn’t make the cut. While style is important, there are much better value products.
Pro Bike Tool Water Bottle Cage
- STAY HYDRATED ON YOUR RIDE - Quick & Easy access to your bike water bottle when you need it. Great for road, mountain, hybrid, touring & electric bicycles. Buy 2 bottle cages to stay hydrated for those extra long rides, so you can go the distance!
- SECURE AND STURDY BOTTLE RETENTION SYSTEM ensures a full bottle stays firmly in place when riding, whether you're out riding fast on roads or bumpy trails. Fits most standard & over sized bike water bottles, including the following sizes: 20, 21, 25, 24, 25 & 33 oz / ounces (500, 550, 650, 750 & 950 ml sizes). One-piece flexible design, adjustable +/- 0.2 inches / 0.5cm to accommodate slightly smaller or larger sized bike water bottles such as insulated bottles.
- SUPERB DURABLE QUALITY & STUNNING FINISH TO MATCH YOUR BIKE - CNC machined aluminium alloy, heated treated for a strong & lightweight design. Powder coated finish and high tumble polished to match your shiny bike paintwork. Extremely easy to wipe off and clean. Lightweight at only 48g/1.69oz.
- QUICK & EASY TO INSTALL - Mount on your bike frame in under 60 seconds. Oval mounting holes allow for fine-tuning of position on frame. 2 stainless steel bolts included. IMPORTANT NOTE: Bike frame requires threaded holes for installation for bottle cage installation. Bottle cage only designed to be mounted on bike frame - seat post tube and/or angled down tube.
- PRO QUALITY - We’re so confident about the quality of our products that if you have any product issues, we’re very happy to either provide a Refund or a Replacement - can’t say fairer than that!
This is a smartly designed product that is easy to install and that will enable you to reach your water when you need it. You never need to lose another bottle again.
• Will fit most of the standard bikes out there
• Installation is simple
• The aluminum has been heat treated to strengthen it
• Light-weight and stylish
A lot of people appreciate the lightweight features and overall design.
I do just have to say, though, that you won’t fit an oversized bottle in here but changing up your bottle is a simple fix.
• Can be installed in a few minutes
• Very light-weight
• Looks good
• Guarantee in place
• The size might be an issue if you don’t use a standard bottle
>> Check out our guide to the Most secure bike locks
Dimples Excel Water Bottle Cage
This is an excellent, very light-weight option. It’s available in a range of colors and will keep your drinking bottle secure.
• Lifetime warranty
• Simple installation
• Comes in red, blue, black and silver
• Comes with all the bolts and screws you need
• You can buy it in a two-pack for a better deal
Users have been commenting that they like the different color options as they do tend to match the color of the bike. The overall consensus is that they are sturdy and easy to install.
One area that you should keep in mind is that this could scratch the frame over time, but this can quite easily be prevented by strategically placed washers.
• Guaranteed to last
• The metal is strong enough to allow you to open or close the sides carefully to get a better fit
• The color choice is a big plus
• Very easy to install
• There is a slight chance that the frame could get scratched if you don’t use washers during installation
Schwinn Bicycle Water Bottle & Cage
This is one good looking product. It is the most expensive on this list, but that is because it comes with the bottle as well. There is no need to worry about what will fit and what won’t.
• BPA-free bottle included in price
• Strong construction
• Easy to install
• Will fit most standard containers
Users were impressed with the bottle and the rubberized grip on the side that made it easier to grab hold of.
It does not fit all bikes, so you need to check the dimensions before ordering. It will fit most standard frames.
• The bottle is a nice touch
• Bottle has rubberized grips and is durable
• Installation takes a few minutes
• The cap over the nozzle is a nice addition when you are riding in a dirty or dusty area
• The assembly is not going to fit all frames
• No guarantee
Overall, these holders make your biking experience a lot more pleasant. You’ll stay properly hydrated during a ride without much effort.
If you are looking to keep MTB weight down to the lowest possible, then you will need a carbon fibre water bottle cage. They will be more expensive, but here are 3 choices:
3 Best Carbon Fibre Water Bottle Cages
Regular readers will know, we love carbon fiber frames and handlebars – so here are some lightweight water bottles for you to consider. Why pay $$$ for a carbon frame a stick a heavy water bottle on it!
Image sources: Amazon.com, Road.cc (post header)