The infographic below shows industry data as collated in August, 2016.
- Total bicycle sales have grown from 15.3M in 1992 to 20.2M in 2015.
- Total value of the US market is over $6 Billion per year
- Mountain bikes make up 24% of the total sales.
- Mountain bike sales in the US were valued at $1,464,000,000
- Hybrid/Cross sales in the US were valued at $1,281,000,000
Number of Cyclists in the USA
Top bicycle brands by sales
Google Search Trends
Google trends show that Trek is currently the most search bike brand.